from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The preserving of a dead body, by making it into a mummy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making a mummy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of mummifying, or making into a mummy.
- n. In pathology, dry gangrene. See gangrene, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (pathology) gangrene that develops in the presence of arterial obstruction and is characterized by dryness of the dead tissue and a dark brown color
- n. a condition resembling that of a mummy
- n. embalmment and drying a dead body and wrapping it as a mummy
Sorry, no etymologies found.