from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tin.
- n. A covering or lining of tin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act, art, or process of covering or coating anything with melted tin, or with tin foil, as kitchen utensils, locks, and the like.
- n. The covering or lining of tin thus put on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or process of coating metallic surfaces with tin, of making or repairing tinware, or of packing substances in tin cans for preservation.
- n. The layer or coat of tin thus applied.
- n. Tinware.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the application of a thin layer of soft solder to the ends of wires before soldering them
- n. the application of a protective layer of tin
Sorry, no etymologies found.