American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A layer of a substance spread over a surface for protection or decoration; a covering layer.
- n. Cloth for making coats.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A covering; any substance spread over a surface for protection or ornamentation: as, a coating of plaster or tin-foil.
- n. Cloth for coats: as, an assortment of coatings.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A coat or covering; a layer of any substance, as a cover or protection.
- n. Cloth for coats.
- n. a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
- n. a thin layer covering something
- n. a heavy fabric suitable for coats
- n. the work of applying something
“A cell-friendly protein coating is then added to the sphere followed by a sheet of pulsing cultured heart cells.”
“I don't care what penis materials are on this or what kind of coating is on the window (this includes penis coating). .with a name like "Prombron" this is NOT a bad ass car. zavatone”
“Rem 887 Combo: That polymer camo coating is slipperier than wet ice when you have mitt/gloves on.”
“Scientists Create New Super-Insulating Smart Roof From Cooking Oil The new "bio-coating" is made from cooking oil – Inhabitat about mission submit a story shop advertise with us support us press contact sign up”
“I smell bullshit and insincerity wrapped in coating of complete nonsense and idiocy ….”
“And the crunch from the cinnamon/sugar coating is the best part!”
“The soft coffee meringue with the chocolate coating is making my mouth water.”
“A dull finish TiN coating is nice if you are willing to pay for it.”
“Underneath his thin coating of culture, he is what he was in Morgan's time, in Drake's time, in William's time, in Alfred's time.”
“And shell it was, a protective coating from a tumultuous home life and the jibes and jeers of class mates.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘coating’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
Looking for tweets for coating.