American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Fabric, stuffing, and other materials used in upholstering.
- n. The craft, trade, or business of upholstering.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Furniture covered with textile material, and hangings, curtains, and the like: a general term for all such interior decorations and fittings as are made with textiles.
- n. The art or trade of using textiles, leather, and the like in making furniture, decorating an interior, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The articles or goods supplied by upholsterers; the business or work of an upholsterer.
- n. the craft of upholstering
- n. covering (padding and springs and webbing and fabric) on a piece of furniture
“Additionally, the term upholstery also will apply to the seats in cars.”
“Furthermore, the term upholstery also will apply to the seats inside vehicles.”
“To pass the three-minute ride we fillied about with what they called the upholstery, doing some nice horrorshow tearing - out of the seats 'guts and old Dim chaining the okno till the glass cracked and sparkled in the winter air, but we were all feeling that bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it having been an evening of some small energy expenditure, my brothers, only Dim, like the clowny animal he was, full of the joys-of, but looking all dirtied over and too much von of sweat on him, which was one thing I had against old Dim.”
“The upholstery is white leather and copper tacks over sustainably-harvested-latex foam.”
“•Cloth upholstery is standard; leather comes with the V-6, possibly making you feel less fancy in your four.”
“Additionally, the word upholstery also applies for the seats in vehicles.”
“On top of that, the word upholstery also will apply to the seats in cars.”
“Additionally, the word upholstery also will apply to the seats in automobiles.”
“The upholstery is hand woved onto the wooden structure and is made of non-toxic, waterproof and fire resistant silicone, covered with Paola Lenti’s signature Rope.”
“It featured the neoclassical motifs that had been popular then; the furniture was not burdened with draperies and flounces to hide its "limbs," although the colors were more in keeping with the Victorians 'love of dark shades'the room had been papered in brocade of deep green, the Oriental carpet featured the same color, and the upholstery was a faded burgundy.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘upholstery’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Temporary list is temporary.
Collecting a few words here, which are then to be alloted to other lists.
A list of difficult words for L2-12 learners.
Concise words to sprinkle in my prose.
Words for things both tangible and anthropic. I'm in the process of spinning off hardware into ute, and people into oofy.
A list from the 1911 edition of "Words: Their Spelling, Pronunciation, Definition, Application" by the Gregg Publishing Company.
Looking for tweets for upholstery.