American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Paper often colored and printed with designs and pasted to a wall as a decorative covering.
- n. Computer Science A picture or design displayed on the background of a computer screen.
- v. To cover with or as if with wallpaper.
- v. To decorate a wall or room with wallpaper.
- n. uncountable Decorative paper-like material used to cover the inner walls of buildings.
- n. countable A style or design of such material or image.
- n. computing An image or tiled pattern used as a background to personalize a computer desktop.
- v. transitive To cover (a wall, a room, etc) with wallpaper.
- n. a decorative paper for the walls of rooms
- v. cover with wallpaper
- From wall + paper (Wiktionary)
“Tearing off peaces from the wallpaper is an easy and creative process.”
“I'd love to know what the experts think about this. side note - my wallpaper is a NG photo of a grizzly bear.”
“Designed by Jon Burgerman this wallpaper is actually a coloring book that can be applied on any wall.”
“The sweat permeating through the house; pungent and acrid odours stripping the wallpaper from the walls.”
“July 28, 2009 at 10: 31 PM that wallpaper is hideous”
“Still, the really mind-blowing alternative to books-as-wallpaper is something a bit farther down the pike: practical storage at the atomic level.”
“Still, as Psonar mentioned, this would be perfect in the office where everything but the wallpaper is locked down. iDesire”
“The wallpaper is a modified version of the Interfacelift Dharma wallpaper.”
“For more, check out our five best desktop customisation tools and the five best application launchers — but you probably just want to know more about that awesome wallpaper from the screenshot.”
“The wallpaper is created with a specially designed perforation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wallpaper’.
Words that describe the art of the impressionist era.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
This is a list of words inspired by Edward Gorey, or a rainy day, or tea in an overgrown garden with topiary shrubs and a sinister fountain. Feel free to contribute.
Looking for tweets for wallpaper.