from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A loose garment worn in bed by women and girls. Also called nightdress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garment mainly worn by women for sleeping in.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A loose gown used for undress; also, a gown used for a sleeping garment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A loose gown worn in one's chamber, at night or in the daytime; a dressing-gown; a robe de chambre; a negligée gown or house-dress, for either men or women.
- n. A night-dress for women, high in the neck, with long sleeves, and covering the whole person.
- n. A night-dress for men.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lingerie consisting of a loose dress designed to be worn in bed by women
Sorry, no etymologies found.