from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman's or child's loosely fitting shirt that extends to the waist or slightly below. See Regional Note at greasy.
- n. A loosely fitting garment resembling a long shirt, worn especially by European workmen.
- n. The service coat or tunic worn by the members of some branches of the U.S. armed forces.
- transitive v. To hang or cause to hang loosely and fully.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An outer garment, usually loose, that is similar to a shirt and reaches from the neck to the waist or below. Nowadays, in colloquial use, blouse refers almost always to a woman's shirt that buttons down the front.
- n. A loose-fitting uniform jacket.
- v. To hang a garment in loose folds.
- v. To tuck one's pants/trousers (into one's boots).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light, loose over-garment, like a smock frock, worn especially by workingmen in France; also, a loose coat of any material, as the undress uniform coat of the United States army.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light loose upper garment, made of linen or cotton, worn by men as a protection from dust or in place of a coat. A blue linen blouse is the common dress of French workingmen.
- n. A loosely fitting dress-body worn by women and children.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a top worn by women
The blueberry skirt and blouse is worn during gardening and watering.
Her snug blouse is open enough to the neck to show part of a spider web tattoo that flourishes behind soft cotton.
For example, Lori's romantic Chloé blouse is an obsession stemming from her desire to channel Olivia Hussey in Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet," and a fur capelet adds just the right proportions.
The blouse is cute and it fits me like a glove, and though I love the design of the sleeves and the lace decorations, I'm a little disappointed at the shiny plastic buttons and the absence of waistline.
Even with jeans, a nice sweater or blouse is charming.
One Response to “No sleeveless blouse is safe now ….”
The blouse is poplin, shirred and embroidered at a décolleté neckline and shoulders.
I went to MicMac Mall with the express purpose of finding a blouse so I could cosplay Tifa for Halloween, but when I got home, I found out her blouse is sleeveless, and her shoes are brown.
Hallak may charge $32.50 for a silk no-label blouse but $43.60 for a silk Chanel blouse.
A stunning young woman in a backless blouse is the focus of most gazes.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.