from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building at the water's edge in which boats are kept.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building at the edge of a river or lake in which boats are kept.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house for sheltering boats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A house or shed for storing boats and protecting them from the weather.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shed at the edge of a river or lake; used to store boats
Sorry, no etymologies found.