from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horse-drawn carriage, used primarily in Egypt and India, often as a cab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wheeled cart or carriage (usually horsedrawn).
- n. South African military slang: a jeep or small truck for conveying troops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any wheeled cart or carriage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native East Indian cart or carriage, in its typical form, drawn by oxen or ponies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a horse-drawn carriage in India
Hindi gāṛī, probably ultimately from Sanskrit gartaḥ, chariot.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hindi गाड़ी gāṛi: a wheeled cart, carriage; a car, truck, bus. From the Old Indo-Aryan gāḍḍa- through the Prakrit gaḍḍi- (Wiktionary)