from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building separate from but associated with a main building.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building, such as a barn, shed, or garage, that is separate from, but associated with some main building
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A building separate from, and subordinate to, the main house; an outhouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building near or subordinate to a main building; an outhouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building that is subordinate to and separate from a main building
out + building (Wiktionary)