from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A four-wheeled carriage with front and back passenger seats that face each other and a roof in two sections that can be lowered or detached.
- n. A style of automobile with a similar roof.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of lightweight, four-wheeled carriage in which the front and back passenger seats face each other.
- n. A style of automobile which is based around the idea of landau carriages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A four-wheeled covered vehicle, the top of which is divided into two sections which can be let down, or thrown back, in such a manner as to make an open carriage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A two-seated carriage having the top in two parts, the rear part pivoted and arranged to fold down behind the back seat, and the front part admitting of removal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a four-wheel covered carriage with a roof divided into two parts (front and back) that can be let down separately
- n. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968)
After Landau, a city of southwest Germany.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named after the German city of Landau where such carriages were first made. (Wiktionary)