from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large passenger vehicles, especially a luxurious automobile usually driven by a chauffeur and sometimes having a partition separating the passenger compartment from the driver's seat.
- n. A van or small bus used to carry passengers on a regular route, as between an airport and a downtown area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An automobile body with seats and permanent top like a coupe, and with the top projecting over the driver and a projecting front
- n. An automobile with such a body.
- n. A luxury sedan/saloon car, especially one with a lengthened wheelbase or driven by a chauffeur.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an elongated, luxurious automobile, designed to be driven by a chauffeur and often having a glass partition between the driver's seat and the passengers' compartment behind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cloak of goats' hair or coarse wool worn by peasants and wagon-drivers.
- n. A type of automobile body, in which the rear seats are inclosed by fixed sides, back, and top.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large luxurious car; usually driven by a chauffeur
French, perhaps after Limousin .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French limousine. (Wiktionary)