from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A two-wheeled motor vehicle resembling a heavy bicycle, sometimes having two saddles and a sidecar with a third wheel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An open-seated motor-powered vehicle with two wheels.
- v. To motor around on a motorcycle; to ride.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A two-wheeled vehicle having a motor attached so as to be self-propelled. In common usage, a motorcycle is of heavier construction with larger wheels, a more powerful motor, and a higher maximum speed than a motorbike.
- intransitive v. to ride a motorcycle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bicycle or tricycle operated by some form of motor as well as by pedals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame
- v. ride a motorcycle
motor + (bi)cycle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From motor + cycle. (Wiktionary)