from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A transparent bowl in which live fish are kept.
- n. Informal A place that is lacking in privacy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small simple aquarium.
- n. A term describing a place or event of intense scrutiny. Enthusiastic sports cities are often said to place the players on their team in a "fishbowl" atmosphere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a transparent bowl in which small fish are kept
- n. a state of affairs in which you have no privacy
Sorry, no etymologies found.