from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A warm woolen hood covering the head and neck, worn especially by mountain climbers and skiers.
- n. A similarly styled hood often covering the shoulders, as worn by soldiers and sailors or as protective clothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A warm cap shielding the neck and head, often made out of wool.
- n. A ski mask with holes for the eyes and, sometimes, the nose and mouth, which may be rolled up and worn like a toque or pulled over the face for greater protection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. close-fitting and woolen and covers all of the head but the face.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cap that is close-fitting and woolen and covers all of the head but the face
After Balaklava .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Balaklava in the Crimea; type of ski mask used by British troops in bitter cold weather, from Turkish balıklava. (Wiktionary)