from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a class of fast warships of medium tonnage with a long cruising radius and less armor and firepower than a battleship.
- n. A cabin cruiser.
- n. See squad car.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A frigate or other vessel, detached from the fleet, to cruise independently in search of the enemy or its merchant ships.
- n. A class of fast warships of medium tonnage, having a long cruising range but less armour and firepower than a battleship
- n. A miniature aircraft carrier carrying VTOL aircraft
- n. A passenger ship used for pleasure voyages, where the voyage itself and the ship's amenities are considered an essential part of the experience; also cruise ship.
- n. Any of several yachts designed for cruising
- n. A police patrol vehicle.
- n. One who attends cruises
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or a vessel that, cruises
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who or a ship which cruises; specifically, an armed vessel specially commissioned to prey upon an enemy's commerce, to protect the commerce of the state to which it belongs, to pursue an enemy's armed ships, or for other purposes.
- n. In forestry, one who cruises or surveys and estimates the amount and value of standing timber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a car in which policemen cruise the streets; equipped with radiotelephonic communications to headquarters
- n. a large motorboat that has a cabin and plumbing and other conveniences necessary for living on board
- n. a large fast warship; smaller than a battleship and larger than a destroyer
The cruiser is built with a V6 engine that actually has more hp and torque than the old V8 Crown Vic.
He found his 1955 Chris Craft cabin cruiser in a cornfield in Indiana, via eBay, then had it dragged back to DC and installed inside Conner.
Arctic Cat has many different two-up models to choose from, but the TRV 1000 cruiser is the deluxe, has-it-all, comes-with-everything model.
More of a deck on a luxurious cabin cruiser rather than a house in the old-fashioned surroundings of Zagreb, House N by 3LHD Architects has what it takes to make it to our dream homes on Freshome.
I fretted for about half-an-hour, thinking that when the light did come my luck would mean that a cabin cruiser would churn by with somebody waving either a gin and tonic or two fingers at me.
The 33-foot cabin cruiser creeping out of the warehouse made it official: Summer was on the way to Indian River.
You might even get some practical information viz importing the cabin cruiser (is that what your boat is?)
A ridiculous, huge, triple-decker cabin cruiser comes rumbling into the Cove.
The longer he stared at the outline of the cabin cruiser the fuzzier it became.
As he held onto the lifeline and clutched his way to the bow, he glanced at the cabin cruiser and noticed that something was different about it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.