from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who engages in a raid; a plunderer.
- n. A person who takes control of a firm by purchasing a controlling interest of stock.
- n. A special forces operative; a commando.
- n. A warship which is light, maneuverable, and fast-moving.
- n. A person who uncovers evidence of improper behavior within governmental or private organizations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who engages in a raid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes a raid; one engaged in a hostile or predatory incursion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who takes spoils or plunder (as in war)
- n. a corporate investor who intends to take over a company by buying a controlling interest in its stock and installing new management
Sorry, no etymologies found.