from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who moves about in roving fashion looking for plunder. (e.g. a band of marauders)
- n. A band of outlaws who raid and pillage.
- n. By extension anything which marauds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rover in quest of booty or plunder; a plunderer; one who pillages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who marauds; a rover in quest of booty or plunder; a plunderer; especially, one of a number of soldiers or of an organized band engaged in spoliation.
- n. Synonyms Freebooter, etc. See robber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who attacks in search of booty
Old French marault: a vagabond through French. (Wiktionary)