from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who travels, especially on foot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traveller, especially one on foot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who travels; a traveler; a passenger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who wayfares, journeys, or travels; a traveler, especially one who travels on foot; a passenger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pedestrian who walks from place to place
- n. a traveler going on a trip
Middle English weifarere : wei, way; see way + faren, to go on a journey (from Old English faran; see per-2 in Indo-European roots).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)