American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that camps, such as a person lodging temporarily in a tent or cabin.
- n. A motor vehicle with space and equipment, either in a rear compartment or in an attached trailer, for sleeping and simple housekeeping, used for camping and recreational travel.
- n. The rear compartment or attached trailer of such a vehicle.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who plays at the game of camp.
- n. One who camps out, or lives in a camp.
- n. A person who camps, especially in a tent etc.
- n. A motor vehicle with a rear compartment for living and sleeping in
- n. video games A person who stays in one spot during a first-person shooting game.
- adj. comparative form of camp: more camp
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who lodges temporarily in a hut or camp, especially who sleeps in a wilderness for recreation.
- n. A person who stays at a summer camp or day camp.
- n. A vehicle, such as a small truck, or a pickup truck with a hood over the back, equipped for convenience while camping out.
- n. someone living temporarily in a tent or lodge for recreation
- n. a recreational vehicle equipped for camping out while traveling
“Sleeping in your truck camper is iffy and risky, IMHO.”
“The lady in the doorway believed herself confronted by a "camper" -- one of those flitting birds of outer darkness who have no religion of their own, but who are always putting that of others to the proof.”
“What was happening on the floor of the camper was a scene straight out of a stag film, the kind of movie a bunch of guys get together and watch while polishing off a few six -”
“And from what they told us, the camper was the type of camper that hooks up to an SUV.”
“We might tent it but that sucks cause it gets cold there but the camper is a pain in the ass. oh well”
“Next to a good tent, the most important thing for the camper is a good bed.”
“The camper is a fifth wheel, about 10,000 lbs when loaded.”
“The camper was a medium sized luxury model with everything from a small bathroom to a kitchen corner, dinning table and enough beds to sleep 4 (6 if one really wanted to).”
“Her father gave her the camper, which is parked on his property.”
“Yesterday, after doing some cleanup in my camper, which is now parked at the orchard near my helicopter, I took a drive up the hillside behind the orchard.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘camper’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
I'll bring the bug spray and the waterproof matches.
If I've seen it, heard it, or marvelled at it, I'll stick it here.
leetspeak, gamer jargon -- especially from world of warcraft -- and beyond.
Looking for tweets for camper.