from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that camps, such as a person lodging temporarily in a tent or cabin.
- n. A motor vehicle with space and equipment, either in a rear compartment or in an attached trailer, for sleeping and simple housekeeping, used for camping and recreational travel.
- n. The rear compartment or attached trailer of such a vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who camps, especially in a tent etc.
- n. A motor vehicle with a rear compartment for living and sleeping in
- n. A person who stays in one spot during a first-person shooting game.
- adj. comparative form of camp: more camp
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who lodges temporarily in a hut or camp, especially who sleeps in a wilderness for recreation.
- n. A person who stays at a summer camp or day camp.
- n. A vehicle, such as a small truck, or a pickup truck with a hood over the back, equipped for convenience while camping out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who plays at the game of camp.
- n. One who camps out, or lives in a camp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone living temporarily in a tent or lodge for recreation
- n. a recreational vehicle equipped for camping out while traveling
Sorry, no etymologies found.