from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that travels regularly from one place to another, as from suburb to city and back.
- n. An airplane or airline that carries passengers relatively short distances and often serves remote communities and small airports.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who regularly travels from one place to another, typically to work.
- n. A piece of transportation equipment used for the transportation of such persons.
- adj. Typically of an aircraft, train etc., designed for use by commuters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who commutes; especially, one who commutes in traveling.
- adj. of or pertaining to commuting, in the sense of traveling; used for commuting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who commutes; specifically, one who purchases and uses a commutation-ticket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who travels regularly from home in a suburb to work in a city
- n. a passenger train that is ridden primarily by passengers who travel regularly from one place to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.