Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant (or, figuratively, some other thing, or a person) which takes root.
- n. One who or that which roots or roots up, or tears up by the roots; one who eradicates or destroys.
- n. One who roots for the success of his patron or his side; specifically, in base-ball and other outdoor contests, one who gives aid and encouragement to his side by applause and by shouting advice.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, roots; one that tears up by the roots.
- n. Slang, U. S. One who roots, or applauds.
- n. an enthusiastic devotee of sports
- to root + -er (Wiktionary)
“-- Baited traps with "rooter" - type entry gates, which allow multiple catches at a time.”
“However, Mame, splendid "rooter" for the home squad that she was, could not claim much glory as a prophet; for the next event was also captured by the hustling school team from the up-river town.”
“With one terrific battle-cry, the "rooter" clears his throat,”
“-- What is the difference between a "rooter" and a”
“you might neeed you codes for the wifi rooter which is allowing you to connect to your wifi.”
“Someone needs to call roto-rooter and dislodge Sanford from the position he holds as KING TURD of SC.”
“(It would be stronger, for example, if Citizens United was a rotor-rooter service.) Duffy Pratt (Quote)”
“It would be stronger, for example, if Citizens United was a rotor-rooter service.”
“They threw [a noomey rooter back in our?] .. faaaaaaaace, oh oh oh.”
“It's Darcy's betteryness and niceliousishism what makes her more fun than 60 jeremys, who's about as nice as a colonoscopy with roto-rooter..”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rooter’.
R words? Really? Right on!
pig-words: including, but not limited to, famous pigs in film and fiction, historical pigs of note, pig breeds, and assorted porcine terms
Looking for tweets for rooter.