American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A child's vehicle consisting of a long footboard between two small end wheels, controlled by an upright steering handle attached to the front wheel.
- n. A motor scooter.
- n. A flatbottom sailboat with runners that can skim over water or ice.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which scoots.
- n. A scoot; a squirt or syringe.
- n. Same as scoter.
- n. An oblong plow, or cultivator shovel, from under 2½ to 5 inches wide, suited to break a furrow, and thus contrasted with a sweep or scrape; also a plow-stock fitted with such a blade; a scooter plow: used to break out the middle of cotton-beds, to mix fertilizer which has been deposited in furrows, etc.
- n. Same as ice-scooter.
- To sail a scooter or ice-scooter.
- n. A kick scooter.
- n. A small motor-powered bicycle of similar design, also motor scooter.
- n. A mobility scooter, i.e. an electric-powered scooter specially designed for disabled and/or elderly people.
- n. Any of the large, black ducks of the genus Melanitta; the scoter.
- n. A type of ice yacht known at least in the state of New York, equipped with runners for travelling over ice. The body has a flat bottom and is capable of floating in the water which makes it safe to use also on thin ice.
- v. To ride on a scooter.
- n. large black diving duck of northern parts of the northern hemisphere
- n. a sailing vessel with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice
- n. child's two-wheeled vehicle operated by foot
- n. a wheeled vehicle with small wheels and a low-powered gasoline engine geared to the rear wheel
- n. a motorboat resembling a motor scooter
“A kick scooter or push scooter is a small platform with two or more wheels that is propelled by a rider pushing off the ground.”
“Side streets, because there are no houses on them are a uniform 50MPH posted (60MPH actual), so even an electric scooter is out and a Vespa is pushing the limit.”
“However, this personal scooter is probably not up to par to the Segway in speed or ruggedness.”
“The Piaggio MP3 is a tilting three-wheeled scooter from the Italian manufacturer Piaggio.”
“I don’t think the scooter is going to get Daddy away from his TV and chairside commode.”
“Wooden Scooter Race: A Tribute to Filipino Ingenuity (also the source of the photo) – I wonder what that “secret” story is, which was the inspiration for naming the scooter Bangkiki.”
“Instead of one person jumping in a car to run an errand that is a few miles away, we could book an electric scooter, that is, if a bike doesn't do the job.”
“As my colleagues have openly stated, $9,000 is a lot of money for a scooter is a lot of money.”
“No, you're a nerd for wishing your scooter was a transformer.”
“Long popular in Thailand, they were until recent years rare in Cambodia, where the cyclo and the scooter were the preferred mini-taxis.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scooter’.
just the next words that come along
words that may or may not work as names
These are words that have been used, might have been used, or could be used in association with the current president and/or his administration. They are only listed as a device to remind the read...
Dictation Word list
My Wordie List
Just like it says on the tin. I'll grant a little leeway for spurious things like gravity, air currents and whatnot to lend a hand.
Names of Muppets.
I am currently trying to decide whether to keep this to Muppet Show or add in characters from Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock etc too.
six turtles, two dogs
Looking for tweets for scooter.