from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coming nearer; approaching: an oncoming storm.
- n. An approach; an advance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. approaching; coming closer
- n. an early stage; an onset
- n. an approach
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. moving toward one; approaching.
- n. the beginning or early stages; the onset.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Approach.
- Approaching; nearing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the beginning or early stages
- adj. moving toward one
on- + coming (Wiktionary)