from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Permission to proceed: waiting for the go-ahead from the control tower.
- n. Energetic assertiveness.
- adj. Characterized by energy and assertiveness: a go-ahead marketing strategy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Approval, agreement, or instruction to begin or proceed.
- adj. A score which gives the scoring team or player the lead in the game.
- adj. Progressive; exerting leadership.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Energetic; pushing; active; driving. See ahead, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. readiness to embark on bold new ventures
- n. a signal to proceed
Sorry, no etymologies found.