from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An energetic movement towards or against something
- n. conjunction or occultation
- n. a close approach of two heavenly bodies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A driving or running towards; approach; impulse; also, the act of striking against.
- n. The near approach of one heavenly body to another, or to the meridian; a coming into conjunction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of striking against or driving upon something; active or energetic approach.
- n. In astronomy, the approach of any planet to a conjunction with the sun or a star.
- n. 3. A coming to land, as of a vessel: as, “the appulse of the ark,”
Sorry, no etymologies found.