from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covering a long distance: a long-distance runner; operating under long-distance supervision.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being telephone communication to a distant station: a long-distance call.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Over a great length (e.g. a long-distance runner).
- adj. Referring to a non-local telephone call, a toll call
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. covering long distances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a telephone call made outside the local calling area
- adj. covering a long distance
- adj. of or relating to or being a long-distance telephone call
Sorry, no etymologies found.