from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Beyond the sea; abroad.
- adj. Of, relating to, originating in, or situated in countries across the sea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Abroad.
- adj. Living (being resident) in a foreign country.
- adj. Across a sea.
- adv. Abroad.
- adv. Across a sea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as oversea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in a foreign country
- adv. beyond or across the sea
- adj. being or passing over or across the sea
- adv. in a place across an ocean
Sorry, no etymologies found.