American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Nepal.
- n. The Nepali language.
- adj. Of or relating to Nepal or its people, language, or culture.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Nepal, the Nepalese people or the Nepalese language.
- n. A person from Nepal or of Nepalese descent.
- n. The national language of Nepal.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to Nepal, a kingdom North of India.
- A native or natives of Nepal, or an inhabitant of Nepal.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Nepal
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture
- Nepal + -ese (Wiktionary)
“A rapidly growing global nationalist nepalese group, which has its office in United States recently issued a press release appealing all Nationalist Nepalese to act now to save Nepal from disintegration and other major problems faced by the country today.”
“From the website … The Bodhi leaf in Nepalese culture is believed to bring Patience and Enlightenment.”
“The Dalai Lama called Nepalese people and Tibetans ‘twin bother and sister’.”
“He said that the four dead are described as Nepalese in origin.”
“Now in the News", at least four members of a British security firm, described as Nepalese, have been killed in Baghdad's so called green zone.”
“When Indians call the Nepalese "Bahadur", it really sounds annoying.”
“The Nepalese Foreign Ministry yesterday send letters recalling Nepalese envoy to India Durgesh Man Singh, ambassador to the USA Suresh Raj Chalise and ambassador to the UK Murari Raj Sharma.”
“What is the Maoist cliche doing now with the appointment of 'Nepalese' priests?”
“Vietnamese, Nepalese and Bangladeshi migrant workers have been found in Malta, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Algeria and Sudan.”
“Though Slovakia's mountain carriers are much less famous than the Nepalese sherpas who escort climbers in the Himalayas, they are unique in Europe.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Nepalese’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
The suffix -ese in action
Looking for tweets for Nepalese.