from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A canoe made from a hollowed tree trunk; a piragua.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A canoe of shallow draft, made by hollowing a log.
- n. A small flat-bottom boat of shallow draft. Specifically, a flat-bottom boat made of one four-feet by eight-feet piece of plywood, the bottom being a two-feet eight-inches wide eight-feet long pointed-ends lengthwise-centered oval cut from the piece, and the boat's sides being comprised of the two remaining pieces attached lengthwise to the outside edges of the oval.
- n. A style of pasta shaped as a miniature canoe folded over.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dugout canoe; by extension, any small boat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A canoe made from the trunk of a tree hollowed out.
- n. Same as periagua, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a canoe made by hollowing out and shaping a large log
French, from Spanish piragua; see piragua.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French pirogue, in turn from Spanish piragua, from Galibi Carib piraua. (Wiktionary)