from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong, seaworthy boat that can be launched or landed in heavy surf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of surf boat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A boat intended for use in heavy surf. It is built with a pronounced sheer, and with a view to resist the shock of waves and of contact with the beach.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A boat of a peculiarly strong and buoyant type, capable of passing safely through surf.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a boat that can be launched or landed in heavy surf
Sorry, no etymologies found.