from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small open boat carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a larger boat.
- n. A small rowboat.
- n. An inflatable rubber life raft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small open boat, propelled by oars or paddles, carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a ship
- n. An inflatable rubber life raft
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An East Indian name for a boat varying in size in different localities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small boat of shallow draft with cross thwarts for seats and rowlocks for oars with which it is propelled
Hindi ḍiṁgī, variant of ḍeṁgī, ḍeṁgā, float, raft.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)