from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that races or takes part in a race.
- n. A vehicle used in racing.
- n. Any of various fast-moving North American snakes of the genus Coluber.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who takes part in a race.
- n. A racehorse.
- n. An animal known for its fast speed, or suitable for racing; applied especially to a number of North American snakes, certain kinds of lake trout, etc.
- n. A vehicle or other device used for racing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, races, or contends in a race; esp., a race horse.
- n. The common American black snake.
- n. One of the circular iron or steel rails on which the chassis of a heavy gun is turned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who races; a runner or contestant in a race or in races of any kind.
- n. A race-horse.
- n. Hence, anything having great speed.
- n. In a braiding-machine, a traversing support for tension and spool-holding apparatus.
- n. A snake of the genus Scotophis (or Coluber), S. obsoletus, also called pilot black-snake or pilot-snake, It is black, with a mottled black and yellow belly, and has the median dorsal scales carinated.
- n. A snake, Bascanion constrictor, the common black-snake of the eastern United States. It is blue or blue-black, with greenish-blue belly, and has smooth scales.
- n. A poor, thin, or spent fish; a slink: applied to mackerel, shad, salmon, etc.
- n. A sandcrab. See Ocypoda
- n. Same as race-plate.
- n. In the Southern States, applied to the corn-snake, Callopeltis getulus, a large harmless snake of a reddish-brown color with redder markings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fast car that competes in races
- n. an animal that races
- n. someone who drives racing cars at high speeds
- n. slender fast-moving North American snakes
From race + -er. (Wiktionary)