from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball A player who defends left, center, or right field.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A player that plays in the outfield, which is the outer portion of the field
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who plays in the outfield.
- n. A fielder in cricket who is stationed in the outfield.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ball-games, one of the fielders who is posted in the out-field.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) a person who plays in the outfield
- n. a fielder in cricket who is stationed in the outfield
Sorry, no etymologies found.