from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports The section of a playing field midway between goals.
- n. Sports Players whose usual positions are in the midfield.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The middle of the field of play
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the middle part of a playing field (as in football or lacrosse).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (sports) the middle part of a playing field (as in football or lacrosse)
Sorry, no etymologies found.