from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central England northwest of London. It is a major industrial center and transportation hub. Population: 970,000.
- A city of north-central Alabama northeast of Tuscaloosa. The largest city in the state, it is in a mining and industrial region. Population: 229,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands of England.
- proper n. A city in Alabama, United States.
- proper n. A city in Michigan, United States.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a city in Alabama.
- n. a city in England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest city in Alabama; located in northeastern Alabama
- n. a city in central England; 2nd largest English city and an important industrial and transportation center
Sorry, no etymologies found.