from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A return attack.
- transitive v. To deliver a return attack or make a return attack against.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of counter-attack.
- v. Alternative spelling of counter-attack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attack by a defending force against an attacking enemy force in order to regain lost ground or cut off enemy advance units etc.
- v. make a counterattack
- n. (chess) an attack that is intended to counter the opponent's advantage in another part of the board
Sorry, no etymologies found.