from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A swinging blow directed upward, as to a boxing opponent's chin.
- transitive v. To hit (another) with or deliver an uppercut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a swinging blow aimed upwards at the opponent's chin
- n. a cut shot that sends the ball over the wicket-keeper's head
- v. To strike with an uppercut
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pugilism, an upward blow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a swinging blow directed upward (especially at an opponent's chin)
Sorry, no etymologies found.