from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A swinging blow directed upward, as to a boxing opponent's chin.
- transitive v. To hit (another) with or deliver an uppercut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a swinging blow aimed upwards at the opponent's chin
- n. a cut shot that sends the ball over the wicket-keeper's head
- v. To strike with an uppercut
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pugilism, an upward blow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a swinging blow directed upward (especially at an opponent's chin)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To bad his uppercut is to weak to handle the brawl!
After the foot sweep, remember the uppercut is a classic maneuver.
“Ready …” He swung wide with his left and slipped on the wet ground, catching an uppercut on the chin.
I stun this nigga when I hit him with an uppercut, then connect two punches to his face.
That bitch caught a slap, a left-right combo, and an uppercut.
I see this as ID hitting him with a devastating uppercut.
When the corporations pull their funding to avoid controversy and millions of individuals stop giving to Komen on principle, Race for the Cure will take an avoidable uppercut to the jaw.
The alcohol is hitting me harder than a Kimbo Slice uppercut.
The six-piece band look bullish, proud to be back at the top - and, it's impossible to ignore, not only old enough to know better than to join the often depressing indie heritage merry-go-round, but also grimly prepared to offer a swift uppercut to anyone questioning their decision.
The result was two left jabs and a right uppercut.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.