from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the Sioux peoples, especially any of the peoples of the Santee branch.
- n. A member of a Sioux people, especially a Santee.
- n. The Siouan language of the Dakota, especially the dialect of the Santee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. the Santee branch of the Sioux people; the language of these people
- proper n. either of the two states North Dakota or South Dakota
- proper n. A male or female given name.
- n. A member of the Dakota people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Siouan people of the northern Mississippi valley; commonly called the Sioux
- n. the Siouan language spoken by the Dakota
- n. the area of the states of North Dakota and South Dakota
Sorry, no etymologies found.