from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of bombing, especially towns or cities
- n. heavy artillery fire
- n. the incidence of an intense stream of high-energy particles directed at a substance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An attack upon a fortress or fortified town, with shells, hot shot, rockets, etc.; the act of throwing bombs and shot into a town or fortified place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A continuous attack with shot and shell upon a town, fort, or other position; the act of throwing shot and shell into an enemy's town in order to destroy the buildings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act (or an instance) of subjecting a body or substance to the impact of high-energy particles (as electrons or alpha rays)
- n. the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- n. the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
- n. an attack by dropping bombs
Sorry, no etymologies found.