from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that enters, especially one that enters a competition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. participant
- n. newcomer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who enters; a beginner.
- n. An applicant for admission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Entering; giving entrance or admission: as, an entrant orifice.
- n. One who enters; a beginner; a new member, as of an association, a university, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commodity that enters competition with established merchandise
- n. someone who enters
- n. one who enters a competition
- n. any new participant in some activity
French, from present participle of entrer, to enter, from Old French; see enter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)