American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that enters, especially one that enters a competition.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Entering; giving entrance or admission: as, an entrant orifice.
- n. One who enters; a beginner; a new member, as of an association, a university, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who enters; a beginner.
- n. An applicant for admission.
- n. a commodity that enters competition with established merchandise
- n. someone who enters
- n. one who enters a competition
- n. any new participant in some activity
- French, from present participle of entrer, to enter, from Old French; see enter. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A new Muslim entrant from the last year is the Assam United Democratic Front (AUDF) in the northeastern state of Assam which won nine seats in the provincial assembly elections last year and expects to win 4-5 seat in the current national elections.”
“Although each entrant is given a dumbed-down name in this list, the Latin name is provided one click away as part of a fuller description.”
“The youngest entrant is 10-year-old Karen Kim of Corona, Calif.”
“The latest new entrant is Danone, which could launch soy products in the UK if its Senji yoghurts are successful in France.”
“If you look at the most recent Financial Times worldwide ranking of banks and insurance companies by market cap, the first Canadian bank entrant is Royal Bank of Canada at number 37.”
“Another entrant is the Clif bar, a product of Clif Bar Inc. of Berkeley, California, with sales more than $22 million in 1997.”
“The field of players battling for customers in the fast-growing online video market may soon get another big-name entrant: Blockbuster, reinventing itself under new owners Dish after a disastrous run, looks ready to launch its long-awaited move into instant video streaming next week, another shot at grabbing customers frustrated with Netflix.”
“In short, anything that shows the entrant is a wild child.”
“Certain Information collected for certain entries into Promotions are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user's request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 13 years old.”
“Personal Information collected for certain entries are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user's request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 13 years old.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘entrant’.
Looking for tweets for entrant.