from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who bids, e.g. at an auction
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who bids or offers a price.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bids; specifically, one who begs; one who commands or orders; one who asks or invites; one who offers to pay a specified price for an article, as at a public auction.
- n. See ganglion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes an offer
- n. someone who makes a bid at cards
Sorry, no etymologies found.