from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that calls, especially a party placing a telephone call.
- n. A person paying a short social visit.
- n. A person who calls out numbers or directions, as at a bingo game or a square dance.
- adj. Scots Fresh.
- adj. Scots Cool and refreshing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person who made a telephone call.
- n. A visitor.
- n. The person who stands at the front of the hall and announces the numbers.
- n. The function that calls another (the callee).
- n. A whistle or similar item used to call foxes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cool; refreshing; fresh.
- adj. Fresh; in good condition.
- n. One who calls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cool; refreshing: as, a caller breeze
- Fresh; in proper season: applied chiefly to fish: as, caller herrings.
- n. One who calls, in any sense of the verb; especially, one who pays a short complimentary visit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person initiating a telephone call
- adj. fresh
- adj. providing coolness
- n. a social or business visitor
- n. someone who proclaims or summons in a loud voice
- n. the person who convenes a meeting
- n. an investor who buys a call option
- n. the bettor in a card game who matches the bet and calls for a show of hands
- n. a person who announces the changes of steps during a dance
The name caller is frustrated and wants you to return to being more "agreeable."
More startled than hurt, the name caller began to cry.
When he says his caller is a blockhead with tampons in her ears, he really means HE is a blockhead who refuses to listen to any point of view that disagrees with his own.
If the caller is a fundraiser, ask for whom they are collecting money.
The availability of Social Security numbers makes it easier to convince a customer service agent that the caller is the account holder.
The 'caller' is claiming to be a COMMAND MASTER CHIEF for a SEAL TEAM
I don't know what the last - what media the last caller is referring to, but in all the newspapers I read, the magazines and the TV shows I watch, these extremists are called extremists.
Both quarterbacks looks decent against a porous VMI defense that allowed the Cavaliers to amass 466 total yards, and Coach Mike London said their battle to be the No. 2 signal caller is ongoing.
I mean, one of the ways that they found out, for example in Minneapolis, where the caller is from, that about two dozen young men from Minneapolis were traveling to go and join with al-Shabab was from the parents of these young men, who went to the authorities saying we're worried, and we'd like your help.
The 6-foot-2 signal-caller is a dual threat, athletic enough to draw interest from schools looking to move him out from under center, but a good enough passer to be a good fit in a more pro-style passing attack.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.