from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ship for transporting troops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ship used to transport military troops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vessel built or fitted for the conveyance of troops; a transport.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ship for the conveyance of troops; a transport.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ship for transporting troops
From troop + ship. (Wiktionary)