from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The office, power, or reign of a sultan.
- n. A country ruled by a sultan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sovereign or vassal princely state - usually Muslim where the ruler is styled sultan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The rule or dominion of a sultan; sultanship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The rule, dominion, or territory of a sultan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. country or territory ruled by a sultan
From sultan + -ate. (Wiktionary)