from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rank or title of an earl.
- n. The territory of an earl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the rank of being an earl
- n. The territory controlled by an earl
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The jurisdiction of an earl; the territorial possessions of an earl.
- n. The status, title, or dignity of an earl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seigniory, jurisdiction, or dignity of an earl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the domain controlled by an earl or count or countess
- n. the dignity or rank or position of an earl or countess
earl + -dom (Wiktionary)