from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The shell of a cockle.
- n. A shell similar to that of a cockle.
- n. Nautical A small light boat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The shell of a cockle (or similar shell)
- n. A small, flimsy boat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the shells or valves of a cockle.
- n. A light boat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The shell of the cockle, especially the common cockle, Cardium edule. See cut under cockle.
- n. A representation of a cockle, serving, instead of the shell itself, as the badge and attribute of a pilgrim: in heraldry, same as scallop.
- n. A cockboat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small light flimsy boat
Sorry, no etymologies found.