from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coin of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, of the value of about twenty-eight cents (in 1913). See crown, n., 9.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A silver coin of Denmark, of the value of 1s. 1½d. English, or about 27 United States cents, containing 100 ære: the unit of the Danish coinage. There are gold coins of 10 and 20 kroner.
- n. A silver coin of Norway and Sweden, of the same value.
- n. A current silver coin of Austria and the Austrian dependencies, equal to 100 heller or 20 United States cents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the basic unit of money in Denmark
- n. the basic unit of money in Norway
Sorry, no etymologies found.