from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wife or widow of an archduke.
- n. A woman, especially an Austrian princess, holding an archduchy in her own right.
- n. Used as a title for such a noblewoman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A daughter or granddaughter of the Emperor of Austria-Hungary, or the wife of a son or grandson of the Emperor of Austria-Hungary
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The consort of an archduke; also, a princess of the imperial family of Austria. See archduke.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wife of an archduke; a princess of the reigning family of Austria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wife or widow of an archduke or a princess of the former ruling house of Austria
French archiduchesse, feminine of archiduc, archduke; see archduke.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
arch- + duchess. (Wiktionary)