from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman member of a royal family other than the monarch, especially a daughter of a monarch.
- n. A woman who is a ruler of a principality.
- n. A woman who is a hereditary ruler; a queen.
- n. A noblewoman of varying status or rank.
- n. The wife of a prince.
- n. A woman regarded as having the status or qualities of a princess.
- adj. Designed to hang in smooth, close-fitting, unbroken lines from shoulder to flared hem: a princess dress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The female monarch, or wife of a ruler, of a principality.
- n. The daughter (or granddaughter) of a king, queen, emperor, empress, prince, or another princess.
- n. A type of court card in the Tarot pack, coming between the 10 and the prince (Jack)
- n. A beloved girl considered dainty; used as a term of endearment
- n. A young girl or woman considered vain, spoiled or selfish; a prima donna
- n. A tinted crystal marble used in children's games.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A female prince; a woman having sovereign power, or the rank of a prince.
- n. The daughter of a sovereign; a female member of a royal family.
- n. The consort of a prince.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female sovereign; a woman of princely rank.
- n. The daughter of a sovereign: a female member of a royal family: in this sense a title of courtesy. Compare prince, 4.
- n. A size of roofing-slate 24 inches long by 14 inches wide. Compare duchess, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a female member of a royal family other than the queen (especially the daughter of a sovereign)
Though, when he announced his engagement, of course, Prince Charles said his future wife would be known by the title princess consorts.
So I think it's been a very carefully judged compromise, that Camilla's status is now clearly right at the top of the royal tree, but people are aware that there's a great deal of sensitivity attached to the title princess of Wales.
There's a precedent for the title princess consort.
Unquestionably Sanherib gave his son the title princess to increase the young man's prestige, because at that time and in that place the feminine title of sovereignty was more highly honoured than the masculine.
Actress Mandy Moore will be the voice of the title princess the trade magazine also reports.
Also from the same publisher, a translated retelling of the story of the frog prince in which the princess is the prettiest girl in high school and the frog the geek infatuated with her.
"Can you at least produce proof that the princess is alive?"
Tantalized by her beauty, Kai also fears that the princess is a spy with lethal plans.
I prefer the term princess ... but she doesnt even know me, and sluts just say that because they have no morals ... and wish that guyz would actually like them not just because they give away their bodies to whoever the hell wants some!!! grr, fuck her, I was in a good mood, and she ruined it. grrr
Wii 'review: Saving the princess is somehow still fun | EW. com
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.